Here’s a video that explains how to Zoom.
For those of you that prefer instructions printed out, read on!
How to login to Zoom:
There are three ways you will be able to join Zoom and the DCC church service on Sunday.
- Option 1— Do you have a laptop? Check your email from Pastors Todd & Eric. There will be a link in the email. A couple of minutes before the start of church click that link and it will bring you to the zoom.us website. Zoom will ask, “Do you want your video camera on?” The answer is YES! Then we can see you J (If you’re joining for the first time it’ll prompt you to download a small application file. Please do that. Also allow a little extra time to test your audio – choose “Test Computer Audio” and there will be a choice to “Test Speaker” and “Test Mic”. You can do those tests any time before the meeting starts. See at the end for screen shots)
- Option 2— Do you have an iphone or android with a camera? Download the zoom app today from the App Store so you have it ready for Sunday. You’ll need to sign in with an email address. Click sign in enter your email and a create a password. When you want to start Zoom and “go” to church Sunday morning you will open the email from your phone and click the link in the email. It will open the app and you should see us! The other option is to open the app and enter 492 975 948 as the meeting ID. Then you should see us!
- Option 3— Do you need to use a landline or a cell phone without a camera? You will call in using the number 669-900-6833 and enter 492 975 948 as the meeting ID. You’ll be able to hear everything on the call but not see anything.
*** Some tips to think about when using Zoom, if you are on a laptop or phone with a camera:
- We can see you. We don’t care if you’re in your PJs but know we’ll see your PJs, so be comfortable with whatever you’re wearing.
- Ideally, have your laptop or phone propped up so the camera is about eye level. Use a cardboard box or books underneath. This way the camera isn’t looking up your nose.
- Keep in mind we see you whatever is behind you.
I look forward to seeing you in church!
Setting up for the first time and want to test your audio?
You can test your speaker by clicking and you will hear some music.
To test your Mic, you can click “Test Mic” and it will prompt you to say something.
Connecting with a smartphone App
If your computer does not have a webcam and/or microphone, you can use the Zoom app from your smartphone or iPad. You just need to download the Zoom app:
Join us for Worship Sunday at 9:30am!
- From a computer or smartphone, click here https://zoom.us/j/492975948.
- From the Zoom app on your smartphone or iPad, enter 492 975 948 as the Meeting ID and press Join.
- From a telephone (land-line or mobile),
- dial 669-900-6833.
- enter 492 975 948 as the Meeting ID.